In the midst of the hype around the Oscar Nominees being announced earlier this week, we were motivated to compile our own list of favorites. Here’s some of the most inspirational people, most helpful apps, and motivating books and podcasts that we nominate to (our) office.
- DressUpButtercup (nominated by Megan) MAJOR outfit inspo. Don’t know what to wear? Give this babe’s feed a scroll and you’ll be able to pull something to immolate from your own closet if you’re feeling uninspired. And, as a fellow Houstonian who also cares about looking polished and put-together, this is a must-read.
- The Skimm or The Hustle (nominated by Chelsea) Both are great for news geared towards millennials.
- The Skinny Confidential (nominated by Brie) Lauryn Evarts is just a branding genius.
- Cision (nominated by Sierra) It’s actually a website but their articles help keep up-to-date with current media trends.
- Planoly (nominated by Megan) makes my social media post scheduling so much easier. Seeing the grid makes ALL the difference.
- Twitter (nominated by Chelsea) Everything hits Twitter first.
- VSCO (nominated by Brie) Still learning, but so far sticking with one filter really helps the congruency of your grid.
- Snapseed (nominated by Sierra) One of the best apps for editing pictures.
- Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday Conversations(nominated by Megan) Feeling in a slump? These feel good convos with self-help and spiritual authors provides 40 min commute inspirational interviews and gives me book ideas to download on Audible for later listening
- Girlboss radio (nominated by Chelsea) All about Women Business owners/positions of influence
- This American Life (nominated by Brie) the narratives can help you look at news from a completely different angle.
“Bringing out your Best Self” Books:
- The Subtle Art of not Giving a F*** by Mark Manson (nominated by Megan) Because sometimes letting go of the small stuff is the answer for a less stressful life!
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (nominated by Brie)
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie(nominated by Sierra)
Most Motivational Moguls:
- Megan Telles (nominated by Megan)
Megan used to be an anchor here in Las Vegas and is now an anchor at KTLA. Her BTS insta-stories give people a reason to follow her and her feel-good attitude and charisma, even when she’s reporting on something not-so-fun to report. Give her a follow! @megantelles
- Alison Brod(nominated by Brie)
Alison runs her own PR firm out of New York. Her perspective on work, life, and technology is really unique and interesting. One of the most inspiring things she said was that people underestimate the importance of having a natural sense of curiosity. As someone who loves to travel and read, that hit home with me.
- Alyssa Girardi (nominated by Sierra)
Alyssa is the Senior Manager of Communications and Content for the Vegas Golden Knights. She has to balance the job of working with the players, managing local media, all while maintaining a majority of the Knights social media accounts. Alyssa has taught me a lot about working with composure and taking your job and goals seriously. It’s not easy to be a female in the sports industry, and she has set a standard for other women with similar ambitions to follow.